Left Bank Leeds is a multidisciplinary arts venue set in an amazing Grade II* listed former church building in Headingley, Leeds. It’s a unique and impressive event space, in which we host exhibitions, festivals, pop-up cinema, talks, afternoon teas, music events and performances. Our amazing space is also available to hire for wedding receptions, private parties, exhibitions, corporate events, meetings and more.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
A former church designed in a late gothic revival style, it stands apart from every other venue in Leeds. We use the word ‘amazing’ a lot when we describe Left Bank Leeds. That’s because it really is!
Have a look at our virtual tour and see for yourself.
Get to know us and you’ll find that it’s much more than an impressive building, Left Bank Leeds is an organisation with a heart and a down-to-earth approach, connecting people to each other, to arts and culture, and to new experiences and opportunities.
Our events and activities are designed to promote creativity, connection and well-being. And, all of the money we raise through our events goes to help preserve our venue so that we can inspire and empower our community for years to come.
WHAT WE DO
We have a series of regular events designed to connect the local community and promote the arts. These include:
- LS6 Beer Festival
- Cider Festival
- Left Bank Cinema
- Monthly afternoon tea
- Free co-working
Our events calendar is also filled with events which would appeal to the creative community such as:
- Art exhibitions
- Music events
- Historical walks and lectures
We also host events promoting mindfulness and wellbeing with links to our religious heritage and we often host family-focused events at Christmas and Easter.
GETTING TO KNOW US
Here are a few facts about us to give you an idea of who we are and the types of things we do:
- We inspire the local community to get creative with our themed programme of arts exhibitions and workshops.
- If you need a quiet space to get some work done, we are open every Wednesday as a free co-working space (from 10am-5pm) with free WiFi and power points to plug in your laptop. You are welcome to come and enjoy our tranquil space and the café bar is open for hot & cold drinks and snacks.
- Our LS6 annual Beer Festival in March welcomes hundreds of beer lovers each year to enjoy their favourite tipple in incredible surroundings.
- We love finding new and exciting ways to use our space, from huge skateboard ramps and jumps to immersive theatre productions.
- We’re a great venue for a corporate event or team away day.
- Leeds-born singer, Corinne Bailey Rae is our Patron.
- We have received generous support and funding from The Arts Council, Heritage Lottery Fund, Garfield Weston, The Emerald Foundation, Leeds Inspired, and Leeds City Council to enable us to grow our programme of exhibitions and events for the benefit of the community.
We regularly host corporate events, private parties and weddings as well as many other interesting cultural events and activities. If you are interested in hiring Left Bank Leeds for your event, please get in touch and tell us what you have in mind.