Left Bank Leeds is a multidisciplinary arts venue set in a beautiful Grade II* Listed former church building in the Headingley/Hyde Park area of Leeds. Our mission is to preserve our amazing venue in order to inspire and empower our community through a sustainable programme of arts and events that promote creativity, connection and well-being. You can have a virtual tour of the building here.
Left Bank Leeds is run by the Antioch Trust Ltd., charity no 1146734.
We aim to:
- preserve the building and bring it back into regular use
- put on amazing events and bring great art to our community and to the city
- provide opportunities for the local community to get involved in the arts
- encourage and develop new talent
- explore the links between creativity and spirituality
- help creative people meet people from other disciplines and “cross-pollinate” with people in different spheres, such as social activism and science
- make Left Bank a space where everyone is welcome to create, contemplate, celebrate and connect
After spending several years fundraising and starting repair work on the building, we began putting on events at Left Bank in 2009. Some have been our own in-house productions, some have been collaborations and some have been organised by other groups. All have depended on the effort and support of a dedicated group of volunteers and trustees, alongside a small staff team.
- ADVENTurous art exhibition
- Amazing Graze street food and music festival
- Our first Christmas party with our patron and award-winning Leeds singer-songwriter, Corinne Bailey-Rae
- Choral performances by the Heritage Singers, the Leeds Guild of Singers and the Australian Voices Choir
- The Crossing, devised by Pointed Arrow Theatre Company
- Expo Sound Art festival
- Juffage “Sonic Cauldron”
- Ladybird Project Winter Showcase
- LS6 Beer Fest
- The Narnia Experience
- Solstice Festival, by South Asian Arts
- Steampunk markets