Opportunity: Messy Events Assistant
Our ‘Messy’ events are an opportunity for children of all ages to take part in different craft activities alongside their parents, guided by our crafty volunteers. There is a also storytelling zone and a treasure hunt, so for our Messy volunteers, there’s lots to get involved with. You could be helping out on a craft table, telling a story in character, welcoming visitors on the door and checking tickets or serving drinks and snacks on the door. You don’t need to have worked on a bar or used a till before to get involved, we’ll provide full training before you get stuck in. At the end of the event, everyone helps to clear the space and clean the bar ready for the next day.
There are always plenty of smiles, giggles and proud parents at these popular events! If you’re looking for a well rounded volunteer experience focused around children, this is the perfect opportunity.
- someone who loves people and is a good team player?
- comfortable interacting with lots of different people, particularly small children and their parents?
- naturally welcoming and approachable?
- enthusiastic and willing to roll your sleeves up and help with craft activities? (you don’t have to have amazing skills!)
- able to use initiative to problem solve (don’t worry, there will also always be a Duty Manager on site)
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please complete the form below to register your interest.
Our Messy Events take place three times year – Easter, Harvest and Christmas. The next events scheduled are: Sunday 27th October, Saturday 14th December and Sunday 15th December 2019. The event is from 10am – 1pm.
As a member of the volunteer team, your services will be required from 9am – 2pm to help with set up and pack down.